I picked up some fun fat quarters that caught my eye and set to work making a smaller version of the pillowcase dress. I tried them on a friend's baby (6 months) and the hem sits around the knees. They will also make super cute tunic tops with leggings or little jeans. Ilan's old pair of overalls did not escape the Goodwill bag. I cut off the legs and added a ruffle skirt. I love the satisfaction of repurposing old items into something new. I found a really neat purple pillowcase today at the thrift store...I am debating wether it should be a pillowcase dress or an apron overlay for a slightly seethrough skirt I am afraid to wear. We shall see...
- ► 2011 (60)
- halter dress
- Ilan's First Camping Trip
- Ilan's first trip to the river to watch Guinness s...
- New Stitch Magazine
- Curtain from Wallinger Avenue
- Ilan is all geared up.
- Running out of fabric!!?? No worries!
- Car Seat/Stroller Blanket
- New Summer Outfit 6-9 months
- Reversible Pinafore Needing Some Nice Little Butto...
- Little Skirts....
- What to do with the scraps...
- Out of something new and something old....
- Stuff I have been working on....
- Plan for Tomorrow....
- John Cusack's "Hot Tub Time Machine"
- ▼ May (19)