I have been looking for something to swap or participate in "Blog land" to encourage me to practice new techniques or simply for inspiration. I found a the Blogger's Pillow Party from Stitched in Color and realized I made the perfect pillow a couple of months back! I am so excited! My first entry for anything!
So here goes!! I have always loved the look of fabric yo yos and I love working with linen. I had picked up some heavy weight linen on a trip to Seattle and came up with this. I handstitched three yo-yos along with 2 flat circles. Then I stitched around the applique with embroidery thread. I didn't make the cover removable out of sheer laziness...or maybe I was just eager to get it done! I used Anna Maria Horner's technique for "super circles" found here. It is a really easy technique that doesn't require basting around the circle...I show anybody who cares to listen. I also used the same technique for Quinn's quilt. Thank you, Stitched in Color for throwing such a great party!
The pillow resides in our bedroom.
- Tea Cozy
- Slippers for Quinn...for about a month, maybe?
- Oh, How I Can Dream! Lucy & Norman Giveaway!
- My Inspiration for Make Mine Modern Swap
- Favorite Little Quilt Swap
- Tee-pee for Ilan
- Stitched in Color: Blogger's Pillow Party
- Quilt for Mom D.N
- Coasters and a mini quilt in progress
- Quilt for Mom A.K and Quinn
- Ilan Goes Skiing at 2 Years Old
- The best place to begin is at the beginning
- ▼ January (12)