Monday, January 3, 2011

Coasters and a mini quilt in progress


I got a new sewing machine for Christmas and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! My old machine chugged away, slipping and faltering over thick laters of a quilt sandwhich, had no capabilities for free motion quilting, had to go! It was good while it lasted and was good for general sewing but I have always wanted to do a stipple effect on a quilt. I decided to practice on a set of coasters I made. I was in too much of a hurry to bind the little squares with a proper quilt binding so I just backed them with burlap. I am pleased with the result! I hope to deliver them to their owner (a friend who just moved in to a new to her house). By the way, I love you hun! Thank you for the wonderful present!









I love the book Whip Up Mini Quilts and absolutely love this collection of mini quilts.



So this is my first mini quilt in progress.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment