Friday, July 1, 2011

Sewing for the Mountain Market

  by Our Ilan & Quinn
, a photo by Our Ilan & Quinn on Flickr.
Usually when I don't post, in like, forever, it is because I am productive. I have been a sewing fiend! In Fernie, we have a Canada Day Celebration that kicks off our local Mountain Market. This will be my third year sewing baby and toddler clothing. I decided to make a few home items as well. The two pillows on the right are made using the QAYG method. I love this process and hope to make a larger quilt some day. I literally sew out of a closet (a renovated sauna) so I don't have a lot of room to quilt larger items. A great tutorial for QAYG can be found at SewTakeaHike. I actually want to try it using flannel as batting for a lighter weight quilt to use as a throw for our sofa. Such ambitions! Anyways, it is a lovely day here this morning...I must grab that second cup of coffee and start getting ready for market madness....Happy Canada Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment