Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Lone Star Challenge

I have this renewed interest in quilting and it has come on with a vengeance.  I love making clothing for adults and kids but I really love what is going on with modern quilting these days. I was on Flickr the other day searching out a virtual sewing bee to challenge myself in trying more difficult patterns. I had a hard time finding ones to join that were open to Canadian residents or had room for new participants. However, I did find a Lone Star Quilt a Long (I am very afraid, very afraid). Here is a very nice example below from Material Obsession 2 .


I think I may be a little in over my head with this one but I wanted to "go big or go home".  I have always steered away from anything too complicated and stuck with simple designs for my quilts. I think I am ready to test my perseverance and patience. I want to try something that will take a long time to complete and be ok with it. Who knows where this little quilt a long will take me. If I can make a larger bed sized quilt or something even close to this adorable mini-quilt from  Bloomin Workshop, I will be happy. I hope to post my progress as I go.



No comments:

Post a Comment