Friday, July 29, 2011

Mini Quilts

  by Our Ilan & Quinn
, a photo by Our Ilan & Quinn on Flickr.
I am slowly building a mini quilt wall in my bedroom. Ever since reading Whip Up Mini Quilts, I am in love with these little pieces of scrappy goodness. They can serve so many purposes. They can be considered practice runs or be a complete entity in itself. Mini quilts make great wall art,  mug rugs,  place mats or a pillow top. For me, because I am a beginner quilter, mini quilts allow me to try new techniques. The two mini quilts pictured are my attempts at curved piecing. I can easily use up scraps without wasting more coveted yardage and learn through experimenting. Practicing on a smaller scale allows me to play with combining prints and color I may not normally put together.  If you are new to quilting and want to experiment or even simply get used to your sewing machine, a mini quilt is a great project.

No comments:

Post a Comment