Friday, February 24, 2012

Fabric Containers from Spring Issue of Stitch

I received my Spring edition of Stitch Magazine and loved the oilcloth lined fabric containers (1rst photo shown below) immediately!

I quickly set to work to try the project out despite not having any yummy Echino fabric or oilcloth for that matter. I also didn't have any heavy fusible interfacing either! So I just paired contrasting cotton quilting weight fabric and used cotton batting as my interfacing. I am happy with the result in a "ok. Not as flashy and eye catching as the original" but I am happy with the pattern. The pattern comes in two sizes and I made the larger one. It would definitely fit a nice. Medium sized plant if that is your intention. I think the smaller one would be great for pencils and craft items. The larger one I could definitely see myself using it for sorting small toys with the kids. This was the first time sewing a circle bottom bucket and thank goodness I am taking Stitched in Color's Curves class. My circle needs a bit of work. I will definitely do this project again using oilcloth and heavier fabric for the outer. I have already scoured Etsy for those hard to find Echino prints of last season.

1 comment:

  1. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement the concept. Thank you for the post. Ilan Tzorya

    ReplyDelete