Friday, February 24, 2012

Fabric Containers from Spring Issue of Stitch

I received my Spring edition of Stitch Magazine and loved the oilcloth lined fabric containers (1rst photo shown below) immediately!

I quickly set to work to try the project out despite not having any yummy Echino fabric or oilcloth for that matter. I also didn't have any heavy fusible interfacing either! So I just paired contrasting cotton quilting weight fabric and used cotton batting as my interfacing. I am happy with the result in a "ok. Not as flashy and eye catching as the original" but I am happy with the pattern. The pattern comes in two sizes and I made the larger one. It would definitely fit a nice. Medium sized plant if that is your intention. I think the smaller one would be great for pencils and craft items. The larger one I could definitely see myself using it for sorting small toys with the kids. This was the first time sewing a circle bottom bucket and thank goodness I am taking Stitched in Color's Curves class. My circle needs a bit of work. I will definitely do this project again using oilcloth and heavier fabric for the outer. I have already scoured Etsy for those hard to find Echino prints of last season.

No comments:

Post a Comment