Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Amy Butler Pattern Review- The Frenchy Bag



I am teaching a bag making class the end of May and thought I better test the pattern. The pattern called for either quilting fabric with interfacing or home decorating weight fabric. I had some Amy Butler home dec fabric that I really wasn't sure what to do with. The bag came together fairly easy and would be a good bag for a beginner. The only issue I have with this bag is that is isn't very "kid friendly". I am constantly bending over to pick up my toddler or my infant in his car seat and I find it falls off my shoulder and brushes on the ground. This isn't the fault of the bag's design...only the stage of life I am in. Messenger bags that go across the should are a must right now. The bag also seems a bit narrow at the top and a bit awkward to get into (especially when I cart around diapers, snacks and a big wallet). I think for the class I will either expand the bag's width 2 inches or opt for the Birdie Sling by Amy Butler.

No comments:

Post a Comment