Sunday, May 1, 2011

The crunch has begun....



Well spring has sprung in Fernie and now it is time to get started on sewing for the Canada Day Market. This will be my third Mountain Market kick off and I am excited because I am trying something new. I would love to tell you what...but I will wait until I can show you. Soon....


So here is a bit of a preview of a skirt I tried out today. It is sized for 2 T but I feel like the waist may be a bit big. The whole skirt is made with one large rectangle with a middle seam up the back.  The main body is a cotton linen blend and the bottom is made of 10 5X5 squares from a Moda charm pack. the band was then doubled over to make a "hemless" bottom. I was pleased with how it hangs. When my 2 year old ( or " two half" as Ilan would say) wakes up from his nap I will try it on for size.  He will be mortified at 16 when the word gets out that I used him as my model. I will reassure him there are only 2 pictures floating around. My next task is to try out a boys' pants pattern I put together. As I type, I think I really should aim for shorts. I think they may make a better market item is sunny July. I am hoping to be a bit more organized with what I make in terms of sticking to one item and reproducing all that I need until I have enough...Usually after 2 or 3 items of the same style I move on out of boredom. Then it is a huge mish mash. Here's hoping.

1 comment: