I have always wanted to make a fabric basket and have had this tutorial from Vlitjig bookmarked for some time. I did change the dimensions to inches and added a few to make it bigger. The navy bottom portion of the bucket ended up being 12x10inches with a 5x12 inch band on each end of the 12x10 rectangle. The basket is now at home beside our computer and I put my...guess (!!!) camera and cords in it. I made another out of burlap but made it taller and skinnier. Just haven't taken any pictures of it yet. The bucket made a perfect project for the beginner sewing class I have been teaching. It walked the students through simple construction, box corners, lining and top stitching. At the end of the series I will post pics if my students are willing. I have already taught 2 out of the 4 classes and this coming Sunday we will begin a simple skirt. Can't wait!
- ▼ April (5)