Monday, June 14, 2010

Market Skirts....I love MADE!!!

I am obsessed with checking www.dana-made-it.com. I love her easy to follow tutorials and the fact that she has equally cute options for boys and girls. In the summer I find myself sewing a lot for little girls, despite having none of my own and 1, almost 2 boys of my own. I have always loved her bright Market Skirts and finally got around to making a few. I changed a few things....I didn't bother gathering the white band along the bottom and I made the waistband adjustable with a drawstring attached to an elastic. I stuck to one pocket for sheer lack of motivation to make two. I also made a really small one (size 3-6 months) with a ruffle at the bottom. It was so simple to do! I just cut a long strip, straight stitched two rows with elastic thread and then sewed the ruffle on to the bottom band. As with any sewing binge that I have that involves cute little girl stuff, I always get a pang of guilt for not making more boys things. My next project hopefully will involve the 90 minute shirt! 



2 comments: