Saturday, December 10, 2011

Some Furry Hats

I have recently started sewing some newsboys hats using a pattern from www.etsy.com/shop/ButterflyTree.

It is by far the best hat pattern I have tried and wanted to make one for Quinn but.... It is the middle if winter. He has not a whole lot of hair and not always cooperative with keeping hats on. So I was thinking that somehow I needed to have earflaps and fur lining. Faux of course. Then I remembered a great pattern for an aviator hat from Betz White found in a Stitch magazine (Spring 2010).  The first one turned out too small (I had sized it for 12 to 18 months) but I didn't take into account I used really thick furry fleece. So I made the toddler 2/3 and it almost fit me! Mind you I used scant 1/4 inch seems. The next one I used the 12 to 18 month size with a quarter inch seem and top stitched all the seems to keep them flat and provide strength. It looks pretty cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment