Sunday, January 10, 2010

Ilan's Sort of New Jacket.

A couple of months ago I decided to cut up Allan's jacket and make a small one for Ilan. Here are some photos (finally!!) of the process. It worked amazing well considering I was nervous about possibly making a mess of it. It was easier than I thought. I just placed the pattern around the features of the jacket I wanted to keep. I was able to use the existing pockets on both the outer and inner lining. I reused the collar, complete with elastic and toggle to bring it in tighter around the neck. I also used the existing waist band with drawstring. The outside is a soft shell jacket and inside is lined with lightweight polyfill. I actually added another layer of quilt batting to make it a bit warmer as the original was really more of a spring/fall jacket. The end jacket has a detachable hood and I have yet to take a picture of Ilan wearing it...shameful I know!!!! Tomorrow, I promise.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment