Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Camping with the boys...














Camping has always been a favorite activity for me growing up. Up until I met my husband, I had only been "front country camping". He enlightened me to multiday backpacking trips but now that Ilan has come along, we have blended the two with car camping and day hikes to satisfy our craving to see what is on the other side of the mountain. A couple of weeks ago, (i have to include that as I never seem to blog on time) we spent the weekend at Summer Lake, a windy two hour drive down a dusty logging road. Once there, we were greeted by friends and a fantastic view of the mountains I don't remember the name of and a blue lake. We set up camp while Ilan stood in his playpen, happily entertaining the group with big smiles and his winning personality. The next day, we hiked up to Renault Lake, about 6.5 km away. It was stunning! It was almost as spectacular as Floe Lake in the Kootenays. Someday I will blog that. Ilan was happy as usual in his backpack and even had his toes dipped in the glacial waters.

No comments:

Post a Comment